Jewel of Eastern Finland
Papinniemi serves you with enjoyable travel experiences in Eastern Carelia on the East border in the municipality of Parikkala. Clear sky and the beach, which is painted red in the light of the sunset. Pyhäjärvi opens up on the both sides of the peninsula inviting you to wet your toes in the water. Small islands and a sandcastle stands out from the landscape. Mild wind whispers from between birches and pinewoods. Fancy a cold drink on the terrace after the wooden sauna? Calmness and paradise-like natural beauty. You can feel you’re on a holiday here.
- 10 cottages with very own wooden sauna and private beach
- Granary accommodation
- Cottage trailer with very own sauna
- Floating cottage
- 30 spots for caravans with sockets
- Cozy tent spots
- Rentable trailer car Burstner Argos Time A 650 model year 2015
- Fairytale –like mileau and the beach of your dreams
- Maintenance building which keeps tidy facilities for cooking and showering
- Cruises on sauna boat on Pyhäjärvi next to the Russian border. By order or at the weekends on high season
- Sunny terrace where you can enjoy alcohol, local delicacies and products from microbreweries. Our specialty is bison burger, grilled on a Mibrasan wooden grill
- Local food shop
- Sauna village where we have 2 beach saunas and one floating sauna
- 2 hot tubs
- Grill shelter and a hut
- SUP boards, canoes, boats, frisbeegolf, minigolf, playground for kids, yard games and other activities
- Great waters for fishing, hiking grounds, biketrails, woods for picking mushrooms and berries
- Summer events
- Friendly and helpful staff
There are cottages for 2-6 persons and part of them is rentable around the year. There are cottages of different classes of equipment in the area to serve needs of every traveler. There’s new and modern log cabins with comforts and there’s traditional, a bit older cabins. The specialty is a floating cabin and a cabin on a trailer. The equipment in new cabins includes shower, toilet, kitchen, sauna, fireplace, 1-2 bedrooms and a big terrace. The equipment in traditional cabins includes beds for 4 people, kitchen equipment, electricity and wooden sauna.
Caravans may accommodate themselves in Papinniemi close to the beach of Pyhäjärvi. There is a beautifut beach on the both side of the peninsula and trees in the middle are shading. The area is famous for its calmness, beauty and tidiness. There is a possibility to rent a newish van Burster Argos Time A650.
Camping in Papinniemi is easy and fun. You can raise your tent right next to the beach under the shading trees and enjoy the scenery.
Our website or Booking.com
Or you can find us on Facebook
Welcome to the holiday in the idyllic and relaxing camping site with the whole family!