Would you like to cycle in Saimaa’s beautiful landscape (30 km) or maybe get to know the interesting history and landscape of Saimaa Canal (20 km)? Or is the Vuoksi river in Imatra close to your heart (12-20 km)? Choose a route that interests you most and spend a lovely day biking, enjoying the beautiful landscapes and the peace of nature.
Close to Lappeenranta
- Admire the shores of Saimaa on the 30-km route that starts at Lappeenranta Harbour.
- Explore the city’s architecture by bike on the new Lappeenranta Architecture Tour.
Close to Imatra
- The Vuoksi Culture Trail follows the River Vuoksi, along pedestrian and bicycle paths and bridges. You can bike part of the trail, 4.5 km or 7 km, or cover the whole distance, 11.5 km. Walking is another option.
- The official trail of the Imatra MTB event is ideal for mountain biking, as it offers paths of various lengths. The 10-km trail is also suitable for beginners.
- This 170-km route goes around southern Saimaa and includes one or two boat rides. Another option is the 180-km Western Saimaa Tour, which you can
also combine with the Island Tour.
Saimaa Island Tour route map
Close to the border
- EuroVelo 13, the Iron Curtain Trail, is part of the European-wide EuroVelo network of cycle routes. In Finland, it starts at Vaalimaa and follows the Finnish-Russian border all the way to the Arctic Ocean.
Euro Velo 13 Finland stage route map
Rent a bike!
You can rent a bike from Vuoksi Fishing Park, the Lappeenranta
Sandcastle, Imatran Kylpylä Spa or the rental agency of Saimaa
Adventures near Holiday Club Saimaa. Many hotels also rent bikes to their guests.
Rent a bike
After biking you can relax in spa or take a cruise. There are daily cruises from Imatra and Lappeenranta harbour, check out the schedules. Afterwards you can enjoy meal in one of our restaurants. Come and enjoy the various services that Saimaa area offers just for you!