South Karelian Museum
Three Karelian towns: Lappeenranta, Viipuri and Käkisalmi.
- 22.10.2016 –2.4.2017 Colour is the Light – Colour Photographs from Saimaa to the East
- 22.4. – 5.11.2017 Colours of war – colour photographs of the Winter War and Continuation War
- 25.11.2017 – 8.4.2018 Suur-Merijoki manor house – an Art Nouveau gem
Winter: 2 Jan–4 Jun and 30 Aug–30 Dec Tu-Su 11 am–5 pm,
Summer: 5 Jun–20 Aug, Mon–Fri 10 am–6 pm Sat-Sun 11am-5pm
Learn the history and present of South-Karelian Museum
Lappeenranta Art Museum
- 18.3. – 21.5.2017 Päiviö Pyöttiälä – a self-taught surrealist
- 18.3. – 21.5.2017 We shall overcome – the art museum’s collections from the 1960s and 1970s
- 25.4. – 21.5.2017 Mikko Vento. As the world breaks down – photography exhibition
- 3.6. – 10.9.2017 Faces of Karelia
- 23.9.2017 – 7.1.2018 Juho Karjalainen
- 23.9.2017 – 7.1.2018 The long horizon – Tarja Heilimo and collections
- 8.8.–10.9.2017 Eero Järnefelt’s Under the Yoke (Burning the Brushwood) – Classics on Tour 2017
Winter: 3 Jan–4 Jun and 22 Aug–30 Dec Tue–Sun 11 am–5 pm.
Summer: 5 Jun–20 Aug Mon–Fri 10 am–6 pm Sat-Sun 11am-5pm.
Find out more about Lappeenranta Art Museum
5 Jun–20 Aug Mon–Fri 10 am–6 pm Sat-Sun 11am–5pm
Other times by prior arrangement.
Get to know the history of Cavalry Museum
- HOPLAA! – Finnhorses Katriina Viljamaa-Rissanen, coloured pencil and pastel
Admission fees 2016
Combination ticket for the Fortress Museums (South Karelia Museum,
Lappeenranta Art Museum and, during the summer, Cavalry Museum)
Adults €8, Pensioners, students, the unemployed €7
You can also buy a ticket only for the Cavalry Museum: Adults €4,
Pensioners, students, the unemployed €3, Free admission to those under the age of 18